In occasion of its 120th anniversary, RIMOWA is introducing its updated product portfolio featuring the brand’s new visual identity in Vietnam.
Vietnam, April 1st, 2019: One of the world’s leading brands for the discerning modern traveller, RIMOWA is pleased to introduce its updated collection in Vietnam. The brand’s new visual identity marks the most significant evolution of the brand’s design since the 1950s when it first introduced its signature aluminium grooves. The updated product line now introduced in Vietnam for the first time, features a series of core product advancements that include upgraded wheels, handles, and interior.
“RIMOWA’s new visual identity perfectly encompasses the balance of iconic tradition with modern innovation,” says Alexandre Arnault, CEO of RIMOWA. “RIMOWA is known for its commitment to timeless craftsmanship and build-quality, and we are very proud to unveil this new design as we continue to improve our products and ensure a seamless and qualitative travel experience for all of our customers.”
Quality, longevity and expert engineering are the cornerstones of every RIMOWA product. Handcrafted by skilled specialists in durable materials of the highest quality, each case takes nearly 200 components and more than 90 steps to complete the production process. With 80% of the process being performed by hand – every suitcase is one-of-a-kind.
The newly rethought product line caters to contemporary travel’s most essential sizes and will include four collections with three cabin sizes (Cabin S, Cabin, and Cabin Plus), two check-in sizes (Check-In M and Check-In L), and two trunk sizes (Trunk, and Trunk Plus).
- The RIMOWA Original Collection includes the iconic aluminium cases designed and engineered in Germany made of high-quality aluminium.
- The RIMOWA Classic Collection, RIMOWA’s heritage range, is a mixture of traditional design and modern features.
- The RIMOWA Essential Collection is made up of three lightweight polycarbonate cases.
- The RIMOWA Essential is the polycarbonate all-rounder classic – the world’s first-ever polycarbonate suitcase, designed and engineered in Germany to be strong, durable and lightweight.
- The RIMOWA Essential Lite is RIMOWA’s lightest suitcase designed to offer optimum stability whilst weighing 30% less than the RIMOWA Essential. Refined to provide supreme portability without compromising on durability.
- The RIMOWA Essential Sleeve is the brand’s business range and includes a frontal pocket for easy access.
- The RIMOWA Hybrid Collection is designed to thoughtfully combine the most advanced materials – the resilience of RIMOWA’s special aluminium-magnesium alloy with the supremely lightweight quality of polycarbonate.